IDEA² helps biomedical innovators around the world to develop their project ideas and to provide the expertise to realize them. The program cultivates biomedical leaders by turning their ideas into IDEA² by:
- Identifying a worthy area for inquiry or development.
- Defining the opportunity, assessing the potential impact, and establishing goals and milestones with a team of expert mentors
- Enabling, through resources, innovators to focus on the right problem at the right time
- Accelerating progress towards the goal through a network, facilitating to enable connections and associations from all sectors, disciplines, and professions
- Turn your idea into a strong project proposal with the help of a network of top-tier advisors from different disciplines, professions, and sectors.
- Gain experience in independently defining, articulating, and defending your idea.
- Learn techniques for and gain practice in communicating your idea to specialists and non-specialists alike.
- Gain access to a network of stakeholders in the biomedical value chain.
- Work with project teams from around the world who share innovative spirit to bring new biomedical ideas forward.
Who is eligible?
- Any individual or groups who have an idea for a biomedical research project or business concept.
- At least one team member must be able to attend the Kickoff and Commencement Workshops (see 2022 key dates).
- Project team members must speak basic conversational English.
What is the process?
Interested and eligible individuals and teams can submit a short description for a new or ongoing research project or business idea. Following review, selected projects are identified as IDEA² Project Teams. Project Teams are assigned to expert mentors who, over the subsequent 6-month period, provide advice towards the development of a full proposal. In addition, Project Teams are offered multiple training opportunities to refine and enhance their proposal.
Applications due May 6